BESIC’s Ratliff wins prestigious teaching award
Bill Ratliff, a third-grade teacher at Baldwin Elementary School Intermediate Center, was honored Friday with a 2006 American Stars of Teaching award. Only one teacher in each state gets the award every year.
"We are absolutely thrilled to report that a representative from the U. S. Department of Education visited BESIC this morning and announced that third grade teacher, Mr. Bill Ratliff, was awarded the 2006 American Stars of Teaching award," said Tom Mundinger, BESIC principal.
The Signal will have a story and pictures regarding the prestigious award in Thursday's edition.
More like this story
- Clay Center Zoo raising funds to stay open
- Topeka Zoo denies claims that their elephants are lonely
- Confirmed mountain lion sightings rise in Missouri, Kansas
- Man injured after his handgun goes off in Kansas theater
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake