School board schedules meetings
There are a series of meetings scheduled by the Baldwin School Board to address a wide-variety of issues, two of which involve money in the wake of last week's revelation that the district overspent the 2005-2006 budget by around $300,000.
At 5 p.m. Wednesday, board negotiators will meet with the teachers' negotiating team. At 5 p.m. in the district office. It is open to the public.
The board will also have a work session at 7 p.m. Thursday in the district office to discuss the 2006-2007 budget. It is also open to the public. At last Thursday's special meeting, the board set the public hearing for the school district budget at 2 p.m. Aug. 27 in the district office. That is a Sunday afternoon.
Also next week, the policy committee will meet at 3:45 p.m. Wednesday in the district office. The public is invited to attend and anyone with questions regarding policy or the meeting can call Board Member Ruth Barkley at 594-2157 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Baker Edition: Baker designated Tree Campus USA
- Baldwin City Council candidate profiles
- Tuesday evening farmers' market to bring more locally grown food options to Baldwin City
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council