Special session of school board for audit details
It's budget time for the Baldwin Board of Education and it will be holding a special meeting at 7 p.m. tonight at the District Office. Topics include a special audit conducted last week, its ramifications and answers, as well as this year's budget.
The school board will be discussing the budget for the 2006-2007 school year, the audit and legal matters.
Supt. Paul Dorathy declined to comment on any specifics of the meeting Tuesday, because he was still gathering information.
The board will be reviewing the budget for this coming school year, which Dorathy has been working on during the last few weeks.
Dorathy suggested the extensive audit of last year's books at his first meeting in July. It was approved at the July 24 meeting and the audit began the following week.
"I have asked to switch auditors and I am asking the board to approve a more thorough audit for the 2005-2006 school year," Dorathy said at the July 24th meeting. "It will be an in-house audit."
At the end of the meeting tonight, the school board will go into executive session to discuss legal matters with its attorney, Bob Bezek.
The school board will be holding its regular August meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at the District Office.
More like this story
- CR 1955 intersection to reopen Thursday
- Intersection of CR 1055 and North 600 Road to be closed today
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Baldwin City to make application for KDOT grant to improve safety at Eighth Street highway crossing
- Two Baldwin City buildings placed on historic list