Charles Lee Bamforth
CHARLES LEE BAMFORTH
Services for the Rev. Charles Lee Bamforth, 51, Lawrence, will be at 4 p.m. Sept. 24 at St. John's United Church of Christ, Baldwin City. Mr. Bamforth died Saturday, July 22, 2006, at Topeka of complications of Crohn's disease.
He was born Nov. 28, 1954, in Springfield, Mass., the son of Theodore and Ann Bamforth. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from San Diego State University in 1977 and a Doctor of Ministry from Claremont School of Theology, Claremont, Calif., in 1980.
Mr. Bamforth served in the U.S. Navy. He was an ordained minister from 1980 to 2000 and served in Baldwin City. He was a hospice volunteer, a Boy Scouts of America leader and chairman of the United Church of Christ Task Force on the Church and Persons With Disabilities.
Survivors include a son, Michael, Kearney, Neb., and three brothers, James, Louisville, Ky., Anthony, Port St. John, Fla., and Theodore, Hagerstown, Md.
The family suggests memorials to Independence, Inc., 2001 Haskell Ave., Lawrence 66046, or the Harold Wilk Fund, sent in care of United Church of Christ Disabilities Office, 700 Prospect Ave E., Cleveland, Ohio 44115.
More like this story
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- Couple put down barbecue roots in Baldwin City
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures