Palmyra Township Clerk’s win is official … and close
Palmyra Township Clerk Jan Ballinger officially won re-election after Douglas County Commissioners canvassed Tuesday's vote today. But, it was close. Extremely close.
Ballinger had 211 votes to Don Johnson's 207. How close is that? Ballinger had 50.84 percent of the vote and Johnson had 49.16 percent.
Johnson has until Monday to file the paperwork and pay the fee for a recount. The Signal will update any changes.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School Class of 2015 members told they were 'strongest' class ever
- Kansas Senate to consider tax increases to close budget gap
- Kansas abortion foes seek change in law to help with lawsuit
- Kansas House panel passes bill to end business tax break
- BHS student among Lawrence Journal-World's academic all-stars