Palmyra Township Clerk’s win is official … and close
Palmyra Township Clerk Jan Ballinger officially won re-election after Douglas County Commissioners canvassed Tuesday's vote today. But, it was close. Extremely close.
Ballinger had 211 votes to Don Johnson's 207. How close is that? Ballinger had 50.84 percent of the vote and Johnson had 49.16 percent.
Johnson has until Monday to file the paperwork and pay the fee for a recount. The Signal will update any changes.
More like this story
- Baldwin district new hires launch careers
- Baldwin High School Class of 2015 members told they were 'strongest' class ever
- Kansas Senate can't pass tax plan, despite looming threats
- Kansas headed toward another school finance debate next year
- Kansas judge allows suit over citizenship rule to continue