Palmyra Township Clerk’s win is official … and close
Palmyra Township Clerk Jan Ballinger officially won re-election after Douglas County Commissioners canvassed Tuesday's vote today. But, it was close. Extremely close.
Ballinger had 211 votes to Don Johnson's 207. How close is that? Ballinger had 50.84 percent of the vote and Johnson had 49.16 percent.
Johnson has until Monday to file the paperwork and pay the fee for a recount. The Signal will update any changes.
More like this story
- BHS student among Lawrence Journal-World's academic all-stars
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Christie wins another term, three new members elected to Baldwin City Council
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere