Erma G. Hornberger
ERMA G. HORNBERGER
Funeral services for Erma G. (Hurrelbrink) Hornberger, 87, Baldwin City, were Saturday at St. John's United Church of Christ, Worden. Mrs. Hornberger died July 26, 2006, at Lawrence Presbyterian Manor, Lawrence.
She was born Aug. 3, 1918, in rural Franklin County, the daughter of Fred J. and Edna (Morasch) Hurrelbrink. She attended Franklin County schools.
She married Charles F. Hornberger Sept. 1, 1944, at St. John's United Church of Christ. He died Oct. 29, 1996.
She worked as a cook for Baker University and at Marion Springs Elementary School. She became a homemaker after marrying. She was a lifelong member of St. John's United Church of Christ. She was a 4-H leader for Worden Workers 4-H Club.
Survivors include her daughter, Janet R. Breithaupt, Lawrence; two sons, Victor D., and Charles "Chip," both of Baldwin City; a son-in-law, Myron Runft, Belleville; nine grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, one daughter, Judith A. Runft, and two sisters, Grace and Dorothy Stoneking?????.
Burial was at St. John's Cemetery. Memorials may be made to Dream Factory or Audio Reader and sent in care of Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, PO Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- Westar Energy will return $38 million to customers
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England
- Baldwin City purchasing right to provide electrical service to industrial park
- Wineries, craft breweries experience growth in Kansas