Ballinger wins township race; Waugh also wins
Unofficial election results from the Douglas County Clerk give a close victory to Jan Ballinger over Don Johnson in Tuesday's primary election for Palmyra Township Clerk. State board of education candidate Janet Waugh easily won Douglas County's vote and defeated opponent Jesse Hall.
Ballinger had 206 votes to 194 for Johnson. Those results won't be official until county commissioners canvass the vote Friday. Ballinger is the incumbent clerk.
Waugh received 918 votes to Hall's 138 in Douglas County. Waugh, the democratic incumbent also carried the district one voting with 7,147 votes to Hall's 4,260.
Thursday's Signal will also contain additional election information.
More like this story
- Baldwin City to make application for KDOT grant to improve safety at Eighth Street highway crossing
- CR 1955 intersection to reopen Thursday
- Baldwin City to seek KDOT funding for Eisenhower Street/US 56 intersection improvements
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Baldwin City to ask KDOT to upgrade crosswalk signal