Baldwin Junction accident kills area woman
Charlene E. Pohl, 84, rural Baldwin, died a Kansas City area hospital after a two-vehicle accident at the Baldwin Junction shortly after noon Tuesday.
Kansas Highway Patrol and Douglas County Sheriff's officers were investigating the accident and declined to identify the woman. However, it has since been learned that Pohl died after being taken to St. Jude's Hospital by helicopter ambulance from the accident scene.
The woman was driving a car that appeared to be westbound on U.S. Highway 56 when it was struck by a northbound truck, according to KHP.
The accident snarled traffic in the busy area of the junctions of U.S. Highway 59 and U.S. 56. The Kansas Department of Transportation has announced that a four-way stop will be installed at the Junction, but no date has been set.
No other information on the accident was available. The Signal will update the story online as information becomes available, a story and photos will be in Thursday's Signal.
More like this story
- Kansas University student dies from bacterial meningitis
- Midland Railway gears up for Thomas weekends
- Lawrence-Douglas County health department to host measles vaccination clinics
- Baldwin wrestlers tune up for league meet two sweep at Osawatomie
- Baldwin City magician's white lie leads to business that's blowing up