Mary Isabelle Jamison
MARY ISABELLE JAMISON
Funeral services for Mary Isabelle (Churchbaugh) Jamison, 88, Baldwin City were Tuesday at Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, Baldwin City. Mrs. Jamison died April 8, 2006, at Christian Care Cottage, Ottawa.
She was born Aug. 31, 1917, in rural Douglas County, the daughter of Ezra and Bertha Helen (Anderson) Lewis. She attended school in Willow Springs Township and graduated from Baldwin High School in 1936. She obtained her teaching certificate from Baker University.
She married Joe W. Jamison Dec. 28, 1946, at Olathe. He survives of the home.
She taught in one-room schools and later substituted in the Lawrence school district. She was a member of the St. John's United Church of Christ, Worden.
Survivors include her husband, two sons, John R. Jamison and his wife Belinda, Kansas City, Mo., and Paul E. Jamison, Wichita, and one grandson, Dalton E. Hanson.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Burial was at Pleasant Hill Cemetery near Pleasant Grove. Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society and sent care of Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, PO Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- No. 7 Baker ends tournament run, 52-47, against OBU
- Annunciation Church to have St. Pat's Day dinner tonight
- Baldwin High School wrestlers win 4th-straight league title
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission