Rory G. Kennedy
RORY G. KENNEDY
Memorial services for Rory G. Kennedy, Sr., were Wednesday at Warren McElwain Mortuary, Lawrence. Mr. Kennedy died April 1, 2006, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
He was born Sept. 10, 1949, at Lawrence, the son of Bernard R. and Bernice (Goff) Kennedy. He graduated from Lawrence High School and served in the United States Navy from 1968 to 1971. He was employed by A & M Products, Spring Hill.
He married Sandra Lynn Perdue Feb. 9, 1973. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Rory Kennedy, Jr., Edgerton; two daughters, Randa Piper and her husband Jason, and Diane Lauridsen Kennedy, all of Baldwin City; five grandchildren; his mother Bernice Kennedy, Lawrence; one brother, Bernard Kennedy, Jr., and his wife Janice, Lawrence; one sister, Carolyn Kirby and her husband John, Lawrence, and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Memorials may be made to the Palliative Care Unit of Lawrence Memorial Hospital, and sent in care of Warren McElwain Mortuary, 120 W. 13th St., Lawrence, KS 66044. Online condolences may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Kennedy.
More like this story
- Eudora seeks county funding for paramedics, ambulance; sheriff requests funds for corrections
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash
- Kansas House panel to consider consumption tax increases
- Kansas House panel passes bill to end business tax break
- Baldwin City Council approves contract to construct trail to BESIC