Letter to the editor
To the editor:
According to the recent articles in the Lawrence Journal-World, it appears that a few in the educational establishment are disturbed by the hiring of the new Commissioner of Education.
It appears that for once the taxpayer might have a more direct voice in how his or her almost four billion dollars of educational money is being spent. The educational establishment might become more aware that the four billion dollar check is really signed by John Q. Taxpayer.
It is nice that he or she might be represented by a more direct voice in the educational arena.
More like this story
- Topeka bookkeeper accused of stealing more than $100K
- Man found guilty in Douglas State Fishing Lake aggravated robbery
- Baldwin City Council agenda, May 18
- Man to be sentenced in suicide bomb plot at Kansas airport
- Baldwin City woman 2nd person charged in alleged attack at Douglas County State Fishing Lake