Bulldogs batter Buffaloes 49-28 in playoffs
Baldwin High School cruised to an easy first-half lead Tuesday night in Liston Stadium on the way to a 49-28 victory over Prairie View in the first round of the Class 4A state playoffs.
BHS's Bulldogs went up 28-0 in the first quarter and led 35-0 before Prairie View scored. BHS answered with touchdowns on a 76-yard kickoff return by Aaron Mills and a 17-yard run by John Brown to lead 49-6 at halftime. Prairie View scored its remaining points in the fourth quarter.
With the win, BHS, now 9-1, advances to the second round of the playoffs Saturday. The Bulldogs will host Chanute, also 9-1, at 7 p.m at Liston Stadium.
More like this story
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- Insurance companies say 2014 exchange members older, sicker
- Archaeologists from across US searching for Kansas artifacts
- Kansas University student dies from bacterial meningitis
- Baldwin High School Class of 2015 members told they were 'strongest' class ever