Bulldogs batter Buffaloes 49-28 in playoffs
Baldwin High School cruised to an easy first-half lead Tuesday night in Liston Stadium on the way to a 49-28 victory over Prairie View in the first round of the Class 4A state playoffs.
BHS's Bulldogs went up 28-0 in the first quarter and led 35-0 before Prairie View scored. BHS answered with touchdowns on a 76-yard kickoff return by Aaron Mills and a 17-yard run by John Brown to lead 49-6 at halftime. Prairie View scored its remaining points in the fourth quarter.
With the win, BHS, now 9-1, advances to the second round of the playoffs Saturday. The Bulldogs will host Chanute, also 9-1, at 7 p.m at Liston Stadium.
More like this story
- Kansas deputies confront nude Oregon man taking pictures
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- Baldwin district new hires launch careers
- Topeka teens' music making rounds on Internet