Comstock to leave Baker
Jamie Comstock, vice president and Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Baker University, has accepted a position as Vice President for Academic Affairs at Millikin University in Decatur, Ill. Comstock, who came to Baker in July 2003, will leave the university in August.
"My heart is heavy to leave such great colleagues and friends, but this is a good opportunity for my growth and career development," Comstock said. "I'm from central Illinois so in many ways I'm going 'home.'"
Baker University President Daniel Lambert said Comstock has accomplished a great deal during her time here.
"I am grateful for her leadership that has touched every segment of the college," Lambert said. "She has much to offer and I wish her well in her new endeavor. I know Millikin will greatly benefit from her exceptional talent."
Comstock came to Baker from the School for Professional Studies at Saint Louis University in St. Louis, Mo., where she was Interim Dean. She has a bachelor's and master of science degree from Illinois State University in Normal, Ill., and a doctorate of philosophy from the University of Arizona in Tucson, Ariz.
More like this story
- Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging looks to partner with local business for new senior nutrition program
- Baker cafeteria to offer Baldwin City seniors meals through CHAMPSS
- Baldwin wrestlers tune up for league meet two sweep at Osawatomie
- Kansas ranks low in providing summer meals to children
- Face to Face: Linda Everett