It’s time to get out and vote
OK, Baldwin now it's time to decide. Tuesday is election day and the results could change the face of leadership in both the city and school district.
There are four positions up for grabs on both the city council and school board. Make your selections wisely, but, please, make them. The turnout for the primary was terrible. That's somewhat understandable. It's always bad.
But, let's not let that happen again. There's too much at stake in Baldwin and, especially, the school district. Hard decisions have had to be made and there's no end to that.
If you still don't know who the candidates are, you can attend tonight's city council and mayor forum at 7 p.m. in the audiovisual room at Baker University's Owens Musical Arts Building. It's too late for the school board forum, which was attended poorly.
Profiles of the candidates have been published in the Signal. They are available online at www.baldwincity.com in the Election 2005 section. Get to know where the candidates stand.
But, most of all, get to the polls Tuesday and make your vote count.
More like this story
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas Senate approves plan to control mental health drugs
- Kansas abortion foes seek change in law to help with lawsuit
- Lawrence, Douglas County officials tap D.C. conference for low-level drug offense insights