School board candidate forum is tonight
The forum will be in the audiovisual room at the Owens Musical Arts Building. The candidates will be given an opportunity to respond to questions from a moderator.
The candidates are:
Position 2 -- incumbent Lonnie Broers and David Norris
Position 4 -- incumbent Chip Hornberger and Ruth Barkley
Position 5 -- Bill Busby runs unopposed
Position 6 -- incumbent Ande Parks and Jay Hundley
There will be a forum for city council and mayor candidates at 7 p.m. Thursday at the same site. There are four openings on the city side as well. Candidates for mayor are incumbent Ken Hayes and Gary Walbridge; two candidates from a field of incument Amy Cleavinger, Doyle Jardon and Jason Mock will gain seats; incumbent Tony Brown runs unopposed.
Profiles of all candidates can be found in the Election 2005 section of this Web site.
More like this story
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Baldwin police department warns of counterfeit money
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals