DOROTHY MAE ZIMMERMAN
Funeral services for Dorothy Mae Zimmerman, 77, Garland, Texas, were Wednesday at Wallace Funeral Home in Pleasant Hill, Mo. Mrs. Zimmerman died March 11, 2005, at Kindred Hospital, Dallas, Texas.
She was born April 17, 1927, at Kingston, the daughter of Albert David Bennett and Golden Marie Smith Bennett. She attended school at Kingston and then moved to Baldwin. She moved to Lawrence in 2003.
She married Harold Deshazer in 1942 at Kansas City, Mo. She later married Marion Zimmerman in 1982 at Harrisonville, Mo. He died Jan. 15, 2003.
She was preceded in death by a son, Harold David Deshazer, a daughter, Ethel M. Herren, and a grandson.
Survivors include a daughter, Judy Kay Deshazer, Garland; two sons, Jerry Lee Deshazer, Lawrence, and Joseph Henry Deshazer, Eudora; a sister, Norma Jean Beatty, Spring Hill; a stepson, James Eugene Zimmerman, Cleveland, Mo.; a step-daughter, Bonnie Sanders, Enid, Okla.; 12 grandchildren; 39 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandson.
Wallace Funeral Home, Pleasant Hill, Mo., was in charge of services.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Council to tour, discuss facilities
- Baldwin City Council asked to develop trust in wake of annexation's withdrawl
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council
- Baldwin City Council to interview city administrator candidates Friday, Saturday
- Baldwin City Council agenda, May 4, 2015