DOROTHY NADINE ARMSTRONG
Funeral services for Dorothy Nadine Armstrong, 66, Lawrence, were Tuesday at Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Lawrence. Mrs. Armstrong died February 24, 2005, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Lawrence.
She was born August 4, 1938 in Oklahoma, the daughter of Zackariah and Pearl Adam Dover. She grew up in Oklahoma, moving to Lawrence in the early 1950s. She worked at Joe's Bakery for the past 30 years.
She married Jack Armstrong March 31, 1964. He died in 1992. After her husband's death, she lived with a companion, J.W. Basinger, until his death.
Survivors include three sons Richard Baker, Baldwin City, Michael Armstrong, Kincaid, and Timothy Armstrong, Cornwall, N.Y.; two daughters, Carolina Cobb, Baldwin City, and Jackquline Waddell, Hanau, Germany; a brother, Zackariah "Sonny" Dover, Lawrence; four sisters, Betty Petty, Eudora, Mary Guthrie, Oklahoma, Elizabeth Wilson, Mississippi, and Loraine Putman, Oklahoma; 19 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
Burial was at Prairie City Cemetery, Baldwin City. Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Lawrence, was in charge of services.
O. SCOTT MORGAN
Funeral services for O. Scott Morgan, Baldwin City, will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the First United Methodist Church. Visitation will be held at Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, Baldwin City, from 6 to 8 p.m. today. Burial will be at Oakwood Cemetery, Baldwin City, following services. A complete obituary will appear in next week's Baldwin City Signal.
More like this story
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back
- Baker University graduates told they are part of the 'Will Generation'
- Baldwin High School Class of 2015 members told they were 'strongest' class ever
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career