KDOT U.S. 59 meeting is set of July 7
The Kansas Department of Transportation will hold a public information open house from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. Thursday, July 7, at the Baldwin City High School cafeteria.
Information will be displayed showing details of the selected alignment for the project to improve U.S. Highway 59 from the Franklin-Douglas county line to the existing four-lane of U.S. 59 just south of Lawrence. BHS is located at 415 N. Eisenhower.
KDOT plans to widen U.S. 59 to a four-lane freeway with controlled access between Ottawa and Lawrence. The new alignment will run to the east of the existing U.S. 59. The contract letting is scheduled for fall 2007, with construction completed by fall 2010.
KDOT staff and representatives from the consulting engineers will be available at the open house to answer questions, listen to comments and discuss various aspects of the project. No formal presentation is planned and visitors are welcome any time during the two-hour event.
More like this story
- Baldwin City pool regulars to see changes this season
- Baldwin City Public Library summer reading ends with food fight
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters
- Baldwin High School track teams open season today
- Baldwin school board makes needed budget adjustment for next school year