BHS golf team finishes ninth at state
After winning regionals, the Baldwin High School golf team finished its season with a ninth-place finish at the state golf tournament in Coffeyville on May 23.
Coach David Theis said the team had hopes of finishing better, but just had an off day.
"We could have come in a little lower, but it was our first time at the state meet," Theis said. "We just didn't shoot very well."
There were 103 participants in the meet, and the Bulldogs placed two in the top 50. Senior Derek Couch and sophomore Trey Miller placed 47th and 48, respectively for the Bulldogs. Both Couch and Miller shot an 84.
The other participants from Baldwin were senior Dustin Commons, sophomore Brian Harris, sophomore Kirby Flory and sophomore Andrew Madl.
Theis said the season was a success and they are looking forward to next season.
"It was a good season and we are looking forward to the summer," Theis said. "Our goal was to win regionals, and we did that. Anything extra would have been a bonus."
More like this story
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Wellsville man charged for alleged actions in Wednesday Douglas County State Lake incident
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary