Letter to the Editor
To the editor:
I love our Art Walks! They are a good "happening" for our city, the downtown and our local artists. But where are the artists? Why aren't they coming out? Is it because they aren't selling enough? Do they not think it's worth their time and effort?
Without the cooperation of out local artists, Art Walk will not work. I want them to know how much they are appreciated. This is a great way to bring out the community, to be together and have some fun!
Personally, I would like to see Art Walk year round. What will it take to see more of you? I hope you will respond and give those of us who care your input.
P.S. A couple of other observations and we are working very hard to make our town appear cared for and it is distressing to see weeds (some knee-high) growing in cracks in the sidewalks and streets. It makes me, and probably others, think the city doesn't care.
P.P.S. Why do some Baldwin citizens allow their pets to use the sidewalks and the flower pots as their personal potty? Don't they realize this smells disgusting, especially when it's 100 degrees outside? How about a little consideration for store owners, other citizens and visitors?
More like this story
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Baker gallery to feature campus life captured through PR director's lens
- Baldwin City Council candidate profiles
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back