Chris J. King
A memorial service for Chris J. King, whose burial was at Fort Leavenworth Cemetery, will be at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the American Legion Hall, 803 High St., Baldwin City. The Rev. Ira De Spain will speak at the service. The family will be available to meet with friends from 1 to 3 p.m.
Mr. King, 47, died July 17, 2005.
He was born July 10, 1958, at Lawrence, the son of Delbert and Jeanne King. He graduated from Baldwin High School in 1976. He served in the Navy from April of 1979 until April of 1985 as a submarine special equipment technician.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister, Judy Davidson and a brother, Keith King.
Survivors include a brother, Jim King, Baldwin City, five nieces, two nephews and three great-nephews.
Contributions may be made to the Chris J. King Memorial Fund at Baldwin State Bank.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Storms leave damage across 6 Kansas counties
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake