Sex offender arrested Wednesday
A 35-year-old Baldwin City man was arrested at 11:30 p.m. Wednesday at a local convenience store for indecent liberties with a minor and violating his parole.
The arrested man was on parole for attempted aggravated indecent liberties with a minor. He was on parole for several months before the arrest Wednesday night.
Baldwin City Police Chief Mike McKenna said he was happy to make this arrest.
"I'm always glad to get a known sex offender off the street for many reasons," McKenna said. "We don't need people like that in Baldwin."
The man was taken to the Douglas County jail and his bond was set at $50,000 by the judge Thursday afternoon. His next court appearance will be on July 11 at the Douglas County Courthouse.
There will be more information on this story coming in next week's Baldwin City Signal.
More like this story
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Baldwin board asks for spending cuts to help cover slash in state funding
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Deadline nears for Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce awards nomininations
- Baldwin board, council oppose proposed changes to local elections