Robinson dominates in Baker victory
FAYETTE, Mo.- Points came from every direction as Baker held off Central Methodist University 70-65 Saturday at CMU's Puckett Field House.
Point guard Erin Robinson, a senior from Topeka, led five Wildcats in double digits with 15 points. She also added eight rebounds, four assists and three steals. She is among the top 10 conference leaders in those three categories.
Senior Courtney Hodges of Topeka diversified from her role as defensive stopper by hitting three three-pointers and scoring 11 points. She made just seven three-pointers in Baker's first 21 games. Senior center Jessica Pontious of Enid, Okla., had 10 points and a game-high nine rebounds. Senior forward Gretchen Patty of Wichita scored 11 points and junior guard Ashley Ohlman of Emporia added 10.
Pontious passed Stacey Schumann to move into 20th place on Baker's all-time career scoring list. Pontious has scored 639 points in just two seasons, averaging 11.6 points per game, and has led Baker in scoring both years.
The Wildcats will not have to play again until they challenge Avila University (8-15, 2-10) at 2 p.m. Saturday in Kansas City, Mo.
More like this story
- Baker opens football season with upset home victory
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England
- Report: 93 percent of Kansas winter wheat harvested
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- Coming auction of rural Baldwin City property drawing interest