Freezing rain cancels school in Baldwin again
But, another batch of freezing rain late Tuesday night again turned Baldwin streets and rural areas into a skating rink. Parking lots are especially bad, including the one at Baldwin High School and Baldwin Junior High School. People were skating to and from vehicles for Tuesday night's BHS basketball games against Osawatomie.
Between the skating, fans took in the first home action of the 2005 season for the Bulldogs. The BHS girls won in a thrilling double-overtime game, while the boys fell to the Trojans. Complete details of those games will be in Thursday's edition of the Signal, along with pictures.
The Signal will update information on the latest round of winter storms on the Web site as it becomes available. Complete coverage of the storm, including numerous pictures, will also be in Thursday's Signal.
More like this story
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas panel considers limits on public workers' bargaining
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books