Letter to the Editor
To the editor:
Three cheers for the Friends of the Baldwin City Recreation Commission. What a beautiful tree they've chosen and decorated for the community tree at Eighth and High streets. We've had a number of trees there including small elegant ones, great big beautiful ones, trees decorated by the schoolchildren and many others -- this one adds to the tradition and it's just right. All the lights are fabulous and the packages under the tree are showstoppers.
I also think the trees in the pots on the corners are beautiful, whimsical and unique. I must admit I was doubtful about Baldwin City's ability to accept something so non-traditional, but I was wrong -- it really works. Thank you Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce, Baldwin City Council members, Sally Nixon and Alan Stevens.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all.
More like this story
- Baldwin district not looking to take cost-saving measurers making headlines elsewhere in state
- Baldwin district to survey parents about increased in-town busing fee
- Kansas regents hold tuition, fee increases to 3.6 percent
- Baldwin school board makes needed budget adjustment for next school year
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea