Ballots available at Douglas County Courthouse
Douglas County Clerk Jamie Shew said ballots for the special Dec. 22 election for Baldwin City arrived late Friday and are available at the courthouse.
"We've got ballots today," Shew said. "Starting Monday, they can advance vote in person at the courthouse."
Voters can mark their ballots in advance of Dec. 22 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the courthouse in Lawrence. Absentee ballots can also be applied for. A form is available at the courthouse and also online at the douglas-county.com Web site. They can be printed out and mailed or faxed to the courthouse, he said.
The Signal will continue to update its Web site with additional information. Voters are being asked to decide whether Sunday sales of alcohol in package form should be allowed in Baldwin. The Baldwin City Council approved those sales in September. A protest petition was filed forcing the rare December vote.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Baldwin City Council candidates state views, define themselves at forum
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City