BU soccer advances to finals with win
Baker University advanced to the finals of the NAIA Region Five tournament Wednesday with a 4-1 victory over McKendree College.
Marty Johnston led the 21st-ranked Wildcats (13-3-3) with two goals, and Derek Doerfler and Michael Garven added one each. Jason Swarts had two assists, and Luke Parrott added one. Goalkeeper Bret Clark had four saves for the Wildcats.
Baker will play William Jewell, which upended Columbia on Wednesday night, for a spot in the national tournament, which begins Nov. 17 in Olathe.
The Wildcats have advanced the last two years.
Because of William Jewell's surprise victory, the Wildcats will play at home at 2 p.m. Saturday in Baldwin.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School teams claim titles at season-opening cross country event
- Baldwin Bulldog cross country teams solid at Rim Rock
- Baldwin High School cross country teams serve notice
- Baldwin High School cross country teams step up at Baldwin Invitational
- Baldwin High School cross country teams deep with experienced talented