Truck driver convicted on lesser charge
McHenry, 47, Dallas, was also found not guilty on three charges of aggravated battery stemming from the three other people injured in the accident, including Aaron Trager, Shawn's 21-year-old brother, who is a current Baker student and football player.
That accident occurred when a westbound car driven by Andrew Potts, another Baker student, was struck from behind by a semi-tractor trailer driven by McHenry. The car was then shoved into the path of an eastbound van. The accident was on U.S. Highway 56 near East 1900 Road.
The jury returned its verdict Thursday morning. Vehicular homicide is a misdemeanor. See next week's Signal for more on the story.
More like this story
- McConnell helps airman cope with loss of infant son
- Baldwin City veteran recalls World War II experiences
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Brownback's new commerce secretary has unique past
- Baldwin girls finish strong, 'pumped' for post-season