Boys track looking for redemption
Many runners on the Baldwin High School boys track team would like to forget about last year's sub-par state performance and focus on the bright future ahead this season.
"I would like to qualify as many runners for state," coach Mike Spielman said about his team's upcoming season. "And I would like to be one of the top teams in the league."
The team has only been practicing for a few weeks, but Spielman thinks they look good.
"I'm excited for the season to start. We're in-shape and doing well," he said.
A strong asset to the team is its middle distance runners.
"We had some good young ones last year that will be strong for us this year," said Spielman.
The Bulldogs only have a few weeks until their first meet on April 2 at Liston Stadium.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Child homicides taking toll in Kansas City metropolitan area
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke
- Report: More Kansas children in poverty from 2008 to 2013
- Baldwin City children's safety seat check helps parents correct common problems