‘Unknown causes’ in Bateson’s death
Krystal Bateson died Sunday of "unknown natural causes," her uncle, George McCrary, said Tuesday. The 13-year-old Baldwin girl was in Winfield playing in a softball tournament when she became ill Saturday night.
Krystal was very healthy and never had asthma, McCrary said. An obituary in an area newspaper incorrectly reported her death was caused by complications from asthma.
Funeral services for Krystal are at 2 p.m. Thursday at the First United Methodist Church in Baldwin City. Burial will follow in Maple Grove Cemetery, Lawrence. The family will meet with visitors from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Warren-McElwain Mortuary, Lawrence.
A complete obituary on Krystal can be found elsewhere on this Web site.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Council approves first reading of proposed sewer rate increases
- Baldwin City water rate study continues as Lawrence looks to hike rates
- New Baldwin City Council members sworn in after old council approves sewer rate increase
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs
- Baldwin City Council authorizes nearly $3.3 million in sewer bonds