‘Unknown causes’ in Bateson’s death
Krystal Bateson died Sunday of "unknown natural causes," her uncle, George McCrary, said Tuesday. The 13-year-old Baldwin girl was in Winfield playing in a softball tournament when she became ill Saturday night.
Krystal was very healthy and never had asthma, McCrary said. An obituary in an area newspaper incorrectly reported her death was caused by complications from asthma.
Funeral services for Krystal are at 2 p.m. Thursday at the First United Methodist Church in Baldwin City. Burial will follow in Maple Grove Cemetery, Lawrence. The family will meet with visitors from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Warren-McElwain Mortuary, Lawrence.
A complete obituary on Krystal can be found elsewhere on this Web site.
More like this story
- Baldwin City purchasing right to provide electrical service to industrial park
- Baldwin City Council candidate profiles
- Baldwin City Council candidates state views, define themselves at forum
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects