Baldwin All-Stars finish in second
The Baldwin 7-and-8-year-old All Stars journeyed to Wellsville July 16-18 for an All-Star Tournament and came home with second-place trophies and several individual awards.
Baldwin went 1-1 in Saturday's pool play -- outlasting Eudora 9-6, before losing to the State Champion Lawrence Douglas County Amateur Baseball Association squad 10-0. The 7-and-8 Bulldogs then opened Sunday's championship round with a shootout against the Wellsville All Stars, coming from behind to win 25-11 to advance to the championship game, where they once again faced the Lawrence DCABA All Stars. The Bulldogs battled the champs through four innings, before falling 10-1.
In addition to the team's second-place finish, individual Bulldog 7-8 All Stars won awards. Quinn Twombly and Brandon Mock finished first and second respectively in the base running competition. Tyler Courtney placed in the home run derby.
Members of the Baldwin All Stars include: Chad Berg, Christopher Brown, Tyler Courtney, Ben Growcock, Justin Hadl, Ethan Hartzell, Austin Hoegerl, Mitch Madl, Brandon Mock and Quinn Twombly. The team was coached by Mark Brown, Matt and Terri Twombly, Mike Berg, Brad Growcock and Jim Hartzell.
More like this story
- Baldwin boys, girls race away with league track titles
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- Letter to the editor: Baldwin City Community Theatre disbanding
- Baldwin High School cross country teams step up at Baldwin Invitational
- Young would-be robber's effort stymied by clerk's stare