Local bakery opens
The Baldwin City Baking Company, 215 N. Sixth St., opened for business last week, and owner Karen Bayer said the response from the community has been good.
"Business has been really great," she said. "I've been really pleased by the support the community is giving us."
Currently, the bakery, which is open every day except Tuesday, offers a variety of pastries and cookies.
Bayer said when the store has its grand opening Wednesday, a full menu, complete with breakfast and lunch items, will be in place. The bakery will have whole grain, sandwich and wheat bread in addition to its other baked goods.
She said breakfast, which will be offered from 7 to 9 a.m., will feature specialty breakfast sandwiches and biscuits. Lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 1: 30 p.m. and will consist of spinach quiche, pita salads and croissants. She said the menu will change daily, but will be on a consistent weekly rotation.
The bakery is currently carry out only, but Bayer said she plans to add a seating area in the next six months.
She said the bakery will also take suggestions from patrons on items to offer.
"We're trying to accommodate the needs of the community," she said.
More like this story
- Baldwin City mayor appoints citzens' committee to help with city administrator search
- Wichita State reviving master's degree in physics
- Baker fall gradutes told commencement day just the beginning
- Baker Edition: Recent grads honored for leadership
- Ex-Kansas State researcher fails to get whistleblower status