ETHEL MCDOWELL IRWIN
Memorial services for Ethel McDowell Irwin, 91, Tulsa, Okla., were Friday at Fleming Center, Oklahoma Methodist Manor, Tulsa. Mrs. Irwin died Jan. 11, 2004.
She was born April 23,1912, in Anderson County to Walter Anthony and Mable (Church) McDowell.
She married Lewis Irwin. He survives. They owned and operated Irwin's Gifts and Fine China, formerly located at 204 S. Main, Ottawa. They opened the business in 1951. It was sold in 1972. They lived in Ottawa until 1987 when they moved to Oklahoma Methodist Manor, Tulsa.
She attended Baker University and was a member of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority. She was active in the First Methodist Church of Ottawa and the Philanthropic Educational Organization for Women.
Survivors include her husband, Lewis, Tulsa; a daughter, Marilyn Sheridan, McKinney, Texas; a son, Fred Irwin, Newport Beach, Calif.; two grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms