MILDRED M. EDGECOMB
Funeral services for Mildred M. Edgecomb, 95, Westphalia, was Wednesday at Old German Baptist Brethren Church, Westphalia. Mrs. Edgecomb died Feb. 22, 2004, at her home.
She was born Feb. 7, 1909, in Douglas County, the daughter of Robert N. and Effa E. (Barnhart) Gish. She grew up in Douglas and Franklin counties and moved to Anderson County in 1939. She and her husband moved to Harris in 1966 and she moved to Westphalia in 1993. She was a homemaker and a member of Old German Baptist Brethren Church.
She married Claude W. Edgecomb Dec. 19, 1926, in Douglas County. He died in 1986. A grandson died in1973.
Survivors include two daughters, Thelma Heck, Westphalia, and Anna Beeghley, Baldwin City; two sisters, Vida Flory, Baldwin City, and Gladys Filbrun, Harris; five grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandchildren.
Burial was at Bethel Cemetery, Westphalia. Farris Feuerborn Memorial Chapel, Garnett, was in charge of arrangements.
More like this story
- Baldwin City to pick 3 council members, 4 board members in Tuesday's election
- Annunciation Church to have St. Pat's Day dinner tonight
- Potential pilot program could make recycling easier for residents in unincorporated Douglas County
- Baldwin City Senior Mix plans Halloween party
- Lawrence-Douglas County health department to host measles vaccination clinics