Council approves purchase of new trucks
Baldwin will soon have a couple of new trucks for use by city staff.
The Baldwin City Council unanimously approved the purchase of a compact pickup and a one-ton pickup from Beckman Ford in Garnett at Monday's meeting.
The compact truck, which will be purchased for nearly $15,000 will be used by the zoning and codes enforcement officer in the inspections department.
The one-ton truck, which will be used as a maintenance vehicle, will be purchased for $26,000.
In other business, the city council:
- Approved in a 4-0 vote to grant permission for Kansas City Orthopedic Institute Bicycle Racing Team to have its second race in Baldwin on June 12. Council Member Amy Cleavinger was absent from the meeting.
- Approved in a 4-0 a swimming pool agreement with the Baldwin City Recreation Commission for 2004. The agreement is the same as last year's.
More like this story
- Baker opens football season with upset home victory
- Baldwin girls turn in defensive gem to earn road win at Louisburg
- Baldwin girls finish strong, 'pumped' for post-season
- Baldwin girls top Girard to move on at state tourney
- Baldwin girls bull way into state title game with 67-42 win against Concordia