Post Christmas scene in Baldwin full of activities
The Christmas season is over in Baldwin City, but that didn't stop people from getting out and doing the things they love.
With their children on Christmas break, many parents spent time with children the few days after the holiday. Some families already took down their Christmas decorations and placed their tree at the corner of 3rd and Fremont to be recycled.
The Baldwin Christmas Bird Count took place Monday, which is a 42-year-old tradition. This year a Trumpeter Swan was one of the more than 26,000 birds spotted.
The decorations in downtown Baldwin City still remain hanging to remind everyone of the holiday season.
More like this story
- Kansas man sentenced for 17th drunken driving conviction
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
- Kansas warns drivers to watch for deer
- Baldwin High School Class of 2015 members told they were 'strongest' class ever
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career