Alumni scrimmage a big hit
By Jimmy Gillispie
Signal Staff Writer
The Baldwin High School girls basketball team drew a large crowd Tuesday night for its alumni scrimmage, which raised $1,200 for new uniforms.
"It was a fantastic night," coach Eric Toot said. "It was better than I ever dreamed as far as our alumni turnout."
The Bulldogs returned 15 alumni that graduated in 2001-2004. The 2001 alumni included Suzie Weege, Tarin Troth and Kristen Wessel. The class of 2002 included Jodie Bacon, Colleen Kivett and Casey Millstein.
The class of 2003 returned four players: Kayla Pringle, Erica Johnson, Anna Skaggs and Katie Martin. Last year's graduating class returned five of its six players. Those players were Emily Brown, Jamie Lawrenz, Kari Garrison, Kalie Harris and Anna Gillispie.
Due to state regulations, they were not able to keep score during the scrimmage. The alumni rotated different line-ups in throughout the scrimmage.
Wessel said she enjoyed coming back to play with former teammates and against her old coach.
"It is fun to get to play with the girls you played with for four years," Wessel said. "And to play against the coach that you were with since seventh grade."
Toot said he wanted to thank everyone that helped make this event possible.
More like this story
- Baldwin Elementary School Primary Center, Baker receive LMH wellnes grant
- Baldwin High School cross country teams step up at Baldwin Invitational
- Girls on the Run helps Baldwin City students get fit, improve self-esteem
- Baldwin cross country runners fast at home
- Baldwin City Police Department investigating tire slashings