Deadline placed for address numbers
All Baldwin homes and businesses are required to have their addresses posted, and the city is allowing only a few more days for everyone to be in compliance of the city code.
Kathae Falley, Baldwin codes and safety inspector, said the city is currently in the process of notifying all residents and businesses owners in violation of the city code.
Falley said those that receive a neon green flier from the city by the week's end has 10 days to post their house or business address numbers to be in compliance of the city code.
She said the house and business numbers are to be a minimum of five inches in height, of a contrasting color and must be visible from the road.
"Per city code we're requiring this," she said. "This is not something new, it's been on the books forever."
Every house and business needs to be numbered, Falley said, to make it easier to locate an address, which is especially important in aiding emergency vehicles.
"This is really an important thing to have done," she said.
Those with questions about the code, she said, can call codes enforcement at the public works building at 594-6907.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas farm experts plan webinar on crop insurance
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament