NANCY L. DECKER
Funeral services for Nancy L. Decker, 59, Emporia, will be today at 11 a.m. at First Friends Church, Emporia. Mrs. Decker died Aug. 16, 2004, at Newman Regional Health Center, Emporia. Graveside services will be today at 3 p.m. at Clearfield Cemetery, Clearfield.
She was born June 16, 1945, at Lawrence, the daughter of Earl and Arvelda (Chanay) Wright.
She married William Tom Decker Feb. 19, 1966, at Lawrence.
She trained and showed horses into her teens. She worked at Moore Burger and the A&W as a car hop in Lawrence. She worked for more than 20 years as a water meter reader for the city of Lawrence and she worked at the Shadow Glen Golf Club in Olathe.
She was a member of First Friends Church, Emporia, where her husband is pastor.
Survivors include her husband of the home; one son, John Decker, Aurora, Colo.,; one daughter, Kelly Neis, Eudora; three brothers, Ron Wright, Jim Wright, Steve Wright, all of Baldwin City; and six grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Memorials may be made to First Friends Church, Emporia. Roberts-Blue-Barnett Funeral Home, 605 State St., Emporia, KS 66801 is in charge of arrangements.
More like this story
- Kansas prisons full; official outlines $27M expansion option
- Kansas official seeks to save funds to treat drug offenders
- Emporia State investigation finds no evidence of hate crime
- Kansas governor works on program to provide mentors for poor
- Supreme Court to hear capital cases roiling Kansas politics