BHS boys second at triangular
The Baldwin High School boys track team took second at the Spring Hill Triangular on Monday. Spring Hill won the meet with 89 points to Baldwin's 64. Osawatomie was third with 36 points.
Coach Mike Spielman likes the meet because it gives everyone a chance to compete and try for a medal.
Sophomore Grant Catloth dominated the distance races, winning both the 3,200-meter and the1,600-meter runs. Sophomore Matt James also had a double victory. He won the 110-meter hurdles, as well as the 300-meter hurdles. Junior Luke Halford won the discus and sophomore Jarod Chalender won the javelin. Bart Ruckman was victorious in the pole vault.
"It was fun to run in a meet that was more low-key," Catloth said.
The Bulldogs competed in the Cardinal Relays in Eudora Tuesday, but results were not available by press time.
The varsity will travel to Girard, Kansas on Friday to compete.
More like this story
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Wildcats come back against Baldwin boys
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues