City plans outage to make changes
Power to be cut for a few hours
Most of Baldwin will be without electricity for a few hours next week.
Baldwin is installing new equipment in the Newton Street substation, Seventh and Newton streets, and it will be necessary to disrupt electrical service to most of the city from 1 to 4:30 a.m. Sunday, April 18 to complete the project.
The new equipment is in conjunction with the operation of the new power plant that is currently under construction. The power will be out while city crews and contractors work on the installation and testing of this equipment to insure proper operation.
Individuals who are on life support systems need to make other arrangements for this outage duration. Those with questions can contact Utility Director Terry McKinney at the Baldwin Public Works Office at 594-6907.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate approves plan to control mental health drugs
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Marijuana refugee returns to Baldwin City to advocate for limited use of drug