DARRYL DEAN BELL
Memorial services for Darryl Dean Bell, 56, Wellsville, will be at10 a.m. Thursday at Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, Baldwin City. Mr. Bell died Nov. 16, 2003, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
He was born Feb. 18, 1947, in Kansas City, the son of John and Claudine (Greenlee) Bell. He grew up in Wellsville and graduated from Wellsville High School in 1965.
Mr. Bell served in the U.S. Army from 1966 until 1967. He spent nine months in Vietnam. He was awarded the Purple Heart, National Defense Service Medal, Sharp Shooter Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, Vietnam Campaign Medal and a Vietnam Combat Infantry Badge.
He married Gloria Rockers May 10,1968. She survives.
He was a carpenter for Hunt, Inc., for more than 15 years. He also was a life member of the VFW in Lawrence.
Other survivors include two sisters, Sue Drew, Texas, and Dorothy Forrester, Oregon; one brother, Kenneth Bell, Wellsville; two nephews, John Bell, Springifeld, Mo., and Derek Bell, Castle Rock, Colo.
Mr. Bell was cremated. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society and sent in care of Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, PO Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
JOHN ARTHUR CLIPPINGER
Services for John Arthur Clippinger, 82, Baldwin City, are pending and will be announced by Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home in Baldwin City. Mr. Clippinger died Nov. 17, 2003, at Village West, Ottawa.
More like this story
- Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging looks to partner with local business for new senior nutrition program
- No. 7 Baker ends tournament run, 52-47, against OBU
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Ex-Kansas State researcher fails to get whistleblower status
- Congregate meals to end after next month at Baldwin City Senior Center