Boys track finishes in sixth place
The Baldwin High School boys track team turned in another strong showing, finishing sixth in the 19 team field at Wellsville High School's annual Redbud Relays on Friday.
The team was led by its long distance runners with three Baldwin competitors finishing in the top five. The three were freshman Keith Cowart, junior Phil Wagner and senior Brayton Gladhart, placing first, third and fifth, respectively.
Other top finishers were junior Micah Mason and senior Brian Lauridsen finishing second and fifth, respectively, in the 200-meter dash. Sophomore Zac Towns also contributed, winning the 800- meter run.
"This year's been different," said Mason. "The sprinters have been contributing a lot more this year than last."
"The throwers aren't doing as well without Hugh (Murpy) and Eric (Brown), but we're trying our hardest and the best we can," said sophomore Luke Halford, referring to the duo who dominated weight events last year as seniors and who are both at Division I colleges this year.
More like this story
- Officials say work on Baldwin City entrances to be finished in time for Maple Leaf Festival
- Baldwin City to seek KDHE loan for old-town water line upgrades
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Bridge of CR 1055 near Lawrence to reopen soon
- Baldwin City Council updated on utility initiatives