Individuals pace BJHS boys
The Baldwin Junior High School boys performed well in an invitational at Louisburg on April 29, with several high finishes such as first place in the 800-meter relay with a time of 1:45:22 and Aaron Mills took home first in the long jump with a distance 19-4.
Second place finishes went to Chase Abel with a100-meter dash time of 12:55 and Baldwin in the 1,600-meter relay. Matt Myers took third in the 100-meter dash. Other third place finishes were Andy Madl in the pole vault, Jacob Runne in the 200-meter dash, Jared Dykes in the long jump, Dustin Schiller in the 1,600-meter and Baldwin in the 400-meter relay.
Paul Minor and Micheal Thurlow placed fourth and fifth, respectively, in the 3,200-meter run. Chris Elniff and Minor placed fourth and fifth in the 800-meter run. Luke Weaver placed fourth in the shot put and fifth in the discus. Jacob Enick placed sixth behind him. Baldwin placed fifth in the medley relay. Other sixth place finishes were Benton Taylor in the pole vault and Chase Abel in the 200-meter dash.
The athletes felt good about the team's performance.
"It went really well. I had a good time," said Weaver. "It was hot."
More like this story
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- City to ask KDOT for recommendations on how to enhance safety at Baldwin City crosswalk
- Judge blocks Kansas' ban on 2nd-trimester abortion procedure
- Judge to consider blocking Kansas ban on abortion method
- Douglas County commissioners reach consensus on 2016 budget; property taxes to remain constant