Council, committees have new members
Monday marked Marilyn Pearse's final Baldwin City Council meeting as a council member.
After 14 years on the council, Pearse gave up her seat at Monday's city council meeting as her term ended.
Mayor Ken Hayes presented her with a plaque for her years of service to the city.
Following a reception for Pearse, Nancy Brown, and incumbents Todd Cohen and Ted Brecheisen were sworn in as council members.
City positions and committees also saw some change at Monday's meeting. The council approved in a 5-0 vote the appointments of Connie Sams as the new Municipal Court Judge, Matt Hoy from Stevens & Brand as the city's new attorney and prosecutor and Jim Craig, who will remain the city treasurer.
Council Member Amy Cleavinger will chair the budget and finance committee. Brown will be her co-chair.
Council Member Todd Cohen will be chairperson for the economic development committee, with Cleavinger as the co-chair.
Brown will be the chairperson of the public health and safety committee. Cohen will be the co-chair on the committee.
Council Members Ken Wagner and Brecheisen will lead the public works and utilities committees.
The council also approved the appointments of Tony Brown and Matt Kirby to the planning commission and Jackie Hosey to the Library Board of Trustees.
More like this story
- Wellsville man charged for alleged actions in Wednesday Douglas County State Lake incident
- Kansas gun dealer to pay $132K to woman for selling to felon
- Kansas man charged with molestation arrested in California
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Baldwin City woman 2nd person charged in alleged attack at Douglas County State Fishing Lake