Olson makes first appearance in court
A former Baldwin State Bank employee charged with two counts of felony theft made her first appearance in court Friday.
Gretchen Olson, 29, Baldwin, who is being charged with two counts felony theft of more than $500, appeared before a Douglas County court Friday afternoon. She allegedly stole around $20,000 from Baldwin State Bank over a two-year span during her tenure as a bank employee.
If she has no criminal history, she could face a minimum of five months to a maximum of seven months in prison.
Olson, who was an employee at the bank from 1997 to 1998 and from May 1999 until just recently, is currently released on bond.
The Douglas County District Attorney's office said Olson's second court has yet to be scheduled.
More like this story
- 4 Kansas tribes to split $1.7 million for housing needs
- Officials to discuss program for Kansas food aid recipients
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas lawmakers considering proposals on public employees
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues