Baldwin affected by talk of war
Often we think that Baldwin City is a safe harbor away from the troubles of the big cities and the world. While most of the time that's true, with war it's not.
At least four young Baldwin men -- John Bones, Dan DeSpain, David Dunbar and Cody Fordemwalt -- are very much a part of what's transpiring on the war front. Bones, Dunbar and Fordemwalt are in the Army. DeSpain just joined the Marines.
Baldwin's thoughts and prayers are with these young men as they prepare to fight for our country. We should all do what we can to show them our support. A story on the front page of this week's Signal lists some of their addresses. We will update that with the other addresses and possibly others serving.
It doesn't take much time to send a note to let them know Baldwin is behind them. Every little bit helps in these perilous times. It may also relieve the strain here at home to take those few minutes to send them a line.
Baldwin City always takes care of its own. Now's a good time to make sure that happens.
More like this story
- Officials say work on Baldwin City entrances to be finished in time for Maple Leaf Festival
- Study: Many Kansas Turnpike accident hotspots near Lawrence
- Baldwin City is ready for Maple Leaf weekend
- Kansas Turnpike Authority to tackle flooding risk
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City