Collision kills local woman
A Baldwin woman was killed and her daughter seriously injured following a head-on collision Saturday afternoon on U.S. Highway 59.
Jeannie M. Eye, 40, died when her car was hit head on by a truck about a half mile north of the Franklin County line.
Her daughter, Danielle Y. Eye, 11, a fourth grader at Vinland Elementary School, was a passenger in the car and was still listed in serious condition Monday at Children's Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Mo.
Also injured was the driver of the truck, Colt S. Daniels, 18, Long Lane, Mo. Daniels was listed in critical condition Monday at St. Joseph Health Center, Kansas City, Mo.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, Daniels was southbound on the highway when his truck crossed the center line and struck Eye's car.
The car spun into the ditch along the east side of the highway. The truck came to a stop facing north.
Eye was married to Daniel Eye. She had three daughters, including Danielle, one son and a granddaughter.
She had worked for Ransom Memorial Hospital, Ottawa, for several years, then worked for Lawrence Memorial Hospital where she was an X-ray technician.
More like this story
- Young Royals fan who fought cancer has died
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Baldwin High School students commited fans of Bulldogs
- Baker names Lawrence native new baseball coach
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament