Baker baseball team opens up season 1-5
The Baker University baseball team opened up the 2003 schedule by going 1-5 in action at Lawton, Okla., Saturday and Sunday.
The Wildcats topped Cameron University 8-4 Sunday for the lone win. Adam Podschun picked up the pitching victory. Providing offense for BU was first baseman Justin Greiner, who went two-for-four with a double and a pair of runs batted in. Third baseman Jason Patty, center fielder Wade Evans and designated hitter Jerod Rigdon each had an RBI. Evans also had a pair of hits.
Baker fell 7-1 in the second game of the doubleheader to Cameron on Sunday. The Wildcats also played a doubleheader against Cameron Saturday and dropped both games, 12-2 and 7-0. Greiner had both RBIs with two hits.
More like this story
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Baker Edition: University expands educational opportunities with Wetlands Discovery Center
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete
- Musings from the Hill, July 30, 2015
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition