Wrestling camp underway at Baker
Olympic gold and silver medalist and NCAA champion Kenny Monday was the featured clinician at the Shawn Charles Championship Wrestling Camp on Tuesday for the morning and afternoon) sessions.
The camp has numerous Lawrence and Baldwin wrestlers in both the youth and high school age divisions. There are also campers from other area schools, such as Santa Fe Trail and Wellsville.There are a total of 100 campers at the four-day camp. Other camp clinicians include: Kevin Lake, Princeton assistant coach; Dusty Spaulding, Greco-Roman national champion and UN wrestler (four-time Kansas state champion from Emporia); Mark Harwood, national champion and UN wrestler; Derek Mountsier, national champion and current assistant coach at UNI; Jason Kelber, NCAA champion andhree-time All-American; Jacob Klein,ational champion and current UN wrestler (three-time Kansas state champion from Wichita-Kapaun); Doug Hoover, All-American and current UN wrestler (four-time Kansas state champion from Wichita-Kapaun); Shawn Charles, four-time All-American and two-time finalist for Arizona State, current assistant coach at Nebraska, Olympic alternate and world team coach.
More like this story
- Brown, Hannon elected to Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce board
- Deadline nears for Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce awards nomininations
- Car show to add to busy Baldwin City weekend
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Potential pilot program could make recycling easier for residents in unincorporated Douglas County